Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I'm 23 now..

This past weekend we spent it in Mobile for my birthday. I had a miserable week of staying around the house and it was good to get out and go to Mobile. I am dying of boredom waiting around for subbing jobs.. I need a job! Anyways.. Friday, when Josh got home from work we loaded up the car and hit the road to Mobile. We didn't get there till late, so once I got home I opened up my gifts and went to bed. I got the best gift that I really really wanted, a CRICUT!!!! A cricut is a personal electric cutter. You use different cartridges that have different fonts and shapes to cut out on cardstock or vinyl paper. The vinyl paper is sticky and cuts out stickers that you can put on basically anything you want. Once I cricut a few things I will post pictures, so you can see what it does. I will use it to make personalized gifts and for my future classroom. I haven't been able to use it yet because I had to order paper and it still hasn't come in... It's driving me nuts to have a cricut sitting in my house and I still haven't been able to use it! I hope the paper comes soon...
I also received some Disney Christmas items, so I am ready for Christmas to be here!!! I love decorating for Christmas! Saturday was spent shopping, lunch with the family, and dinner with my best friends, Ashlea and Madison. It was a great day! Sunday was spent with the in-laws! Josh's Dad cooked us a delicious lunch of three different kinds of fish! It was great! We had fried ling, speckled trout, and grilled bass! Oh and you can't forget the fried pickles! It was delish! It was a great ending to my birthday weekend. I can't believe I am already 23.. 22 went by fast! I know on October 15, 2009, when I turned 22, I had NO idea that I would be sitting in Dothan Alabama. I was worried about school, the upcoming semester of student teaching, and wedding plans. It's crazy how much can change in a year.

We haven't completed any home improvement projects lately... We really just need to paint the bathrooms. I guess we will get around to that eventually.

I don't think there is anything else to blog about.. so until next time y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment