Saturday, January 22, 2011

6 months...

In just a few short days we will be married for 6 months! Although it feels like its been years at the same time I can't believe 6 months a go I was preparing for the best day of my life! I also can't believe I have been living in Dothan for 6 months now. I know the next 6 months will go by just as quickly and we will be celebrating our 1 year anniversary before we know it!

Last weekend we had Josh's parents and grandparents stay with us. We had a lot of fun visiting and we also went to the aviation museum on Fort Rucker. Josh and his Dad installed an attic door on Saturday and we were able to move a lot of the clutter up there and free up space in our garage and 3rd bedroom. We had a lot of fun and were glad they were able to visit. It was a great birthday weekend for Josh!

Last weekend I also had to take care of our classroom pets. Two incredibly cute hamsters. They were easy to care for as they do nothing, but sleep. The kids named them Reesie and Teddy. You can't tell them apart though, so whichever you pick up becomes whatever name they call it.

Recently I tried the art of couponing.. It didn't work out for me too well. I know that the hard core couponers can reduce their grocery bill basically in half. I think I ended up saving us about $5 maybe.. This couponing is becoming so popular that they even offer classes on it and have a tv show about it. I don't think I am that dedicated to do something like that.. I watched a few youtube videos and joined a website, but later I discovered that Dothan does not get all the coupon books in the Sunday paper, so the concept that the website taught me didn't really work. It was a nice try anyway.

I have to share a funny story dealing with my little 3Pers. Ever since I began working around kids in school they have always had troubled pronouncing my last name. The 1st graders & 5th graders said "Miss Calbert, Miss Cowart, Miss Calmart, etc" Finally my 5th graders began calling me Miss C. When I became Mrs. Pritchard the name sounded like "Mrs. Richard, Mrs. Pritchitt, Mrs. Pwichid, etc" However, I have two new favorite names. One of my sweet students was calling me "Mrs. Creatured". How funny is that? The next name comes from one of my daycare students.. my daycare students call me Mrs. Amber because typically Amber is much easier to say than Pritchard. The other day a sweet 3 year old grabbed her Moms hand when she was getting picked up and brought her to me and said this is "Miss Ambergur" and when her mom said Mrs. Amber? She said No! Ambergur! Gotta love kids. They're always funny!

Josh has been busy with his class. Every night he spends about 2 hours reading his material and taking practice quizzes. I don't really like it because I basically spend zero time with him, but I realize in the end this will be good. We eat supper together and then he goes to the back bedroom to start his work and I don't see him again until we are getting in bed. I'm ready for March to get here so he will be done with the class for a little bit!

Josh is leaving on Monday to go to Orlando for a business conference. Tonight at dinner I asked him what he was going to be doing at the conference and he said " I don't know.." So I said well where are the meetings.. "I'm not sure" What time do you have to be there? "umm I don't know" About this time I'm feeling this tingle in my spine where I want to reach across the table and strangle him! He is leaving for 4 days and he has no idea what he is doing!!! On top of that he is driving down there by himself and going to the conference by himself! I can feel the anxiety already! I don't like that he will be driving that long by himself. Later he admitted there was an email he forgot to print out at work on Friday that gave him all the details about the conference. What will I do with him?? Keep him in your prayers for a safe trip there and back.

Today we cleaned out our 3rd bedroom. That room was a storage room for all the stuff that needed to be in the attic, but now we have put it all away and straightened it up. It looks so much better. I don't think we will be painting it for a while though.. next project: paint bathrooms!

Tomorrow we decided that we are going to eat breakfast at Cracker Barrel before church. We went there tonight to eat and we couldn't decide between breakfast or dinner, so we decided we would go back tomorrow before church. The breakfast prices are really reasonable and it will be a nice treat. I'm normally not a breakfast person, but the biscuits and gravy sounded too good to be passed up! :]

No comments:

Post a Comment