Tuesday, January 11, 2011

It's 1/11/11

I started my job last week and I am enjoying it a lot! The three year olds are super cute and always make me smile! They're so dramatic that it's entertaining. There is a particular boy who is just downright theatrical. I can not even describe the way he acts, but it is hilarious. Of course there is a lot more crying, snot, and germs than older kids, but they're cute so it makes up for it! Hopefully I can avoid any major sicknesses being around them..
Today was an exciting day.. by 8:30a.m. I was on my way home to change clothes. You're probably thinking a kid threw up on me.. or something along those lines. What actually happened was we were painting with balloons. Sounds dangerous, right? Well I think so anyway. I'm not a fan of balloons because I don't like to blow them up and because they pop. But I do as I am told and I was told to help the kids paint a snowman with three different size balloons. The kids of course think it's great to paint with balloons.. what three year old wouldn't? As I was getting a child ready to paint I dipped the largest balloon in the paint tray.. the last thing I remember is starting to rub the balloon in the paint when... POP! Yes, the balloon popped. Yes, the balloon with paint all over it popped. The paint went all over me from my top to my shoes... It also went all over Mrs. Creel.. all over the cabinets.. all over the table.. everywhere. The balloon pieces landed in the far corner of the classroom. Can we say disaster? Yes, I think we can. After the initial shock wore off.. Mrs. Creel and I could only laugh at what happened. I rushed to try and get the paint off my clothes as I was wearing a rather expensive pair of pants. Thankfully, the kids had music at 8:30, so Mrs. Creel let me leave to go home and wash my clothes. Which I was very thankful for because I did not feel like walking around with white spots all over my black pants all day long. That would be pretty embarrassing. Needless to say the whole preschool hall heard about our adventure by lunch time. haha I've been banned from the balloon painting, which is fine by me!

Josh begins his class tomorrow. Right now he is locked up in the back bedroom reading the first chapter. He's been back there a while and I'm starting to wonder if I should go back there and make sure he's awake because we all know he doesn't read for long! ;] I could tell he was starting to stress out a little tonight, so I tried to help him look over everything to make sure he is prepared for tomorrow. Luckily I did that because we discovered he needs a microphone for his class. So he will be either borrowing one from somewhere or we will be buying one before he signs on to his class tomorrow. He will be done with the class towards the end of March. Keep him in your prayers as the class stats he needs to dedicate 8-12 hours a week to the class. So he will have that plus a 40 hour work week! It will be hard, but I know he can do it!

It's been very cold in Dothan lately. Yesterday HA canceled school because there was going to be black ice on the roads. It's that kind of cold where it's like a wet cold. Pretty sure my pineapple plant has died.. I'm trying to hold onto it, but I don't know if it will make it. My mums are definitely gone, but hopefully they will come back in the spring. One thing that's not having any problems thriving is the weeds. They're taking over the yard and the flower bed. But it's just too cold to go out and pull them up in the flower garden and I'm going to let Josh handle the yard.

This Friday is Josh's birthday! (Happy Birthday Josh!) His parents and grandparents will be coming up for the weekend. Josh and his Dad will be installing an attic door! Yay! Finally we can clear out the 3rd bedroom and turn it into an office! I get a whole desk for my cricut! So exciting! Our weekend will be busy and we are looking forward to it!

Oh and Josh and I made a list of goals for 2011. We wrote them on a dry erase board and put it on the fridge so that we constantly see them. I think everyone should start the year off with making a goals list. If you write it down it will make you want to accomplish the tasks more. It may just be my type A personality though. I love making lists and I love organization! And I also love planning things out!

I think it's time to go check on Josh...

No comments:

Post a Comment