Monday, March 21, 2011

A Little Surprise..

I know it has been an extremely long time since I have blogged, but that's because I have had a little secret I have been keeping from most of the world. We found out on February 21st that we are expecting a little baby! Yes, this means we are pregnant! It was a happy surprise and we are very excited! Baby Pritchard will make his/her debut around the end of October. The estimated due date is October 24th. Today we had the first appointment. (I am 9 weeks pregnant.) I had an ultrasound and was able to hear the heartbeat. That's just something that's too special to describe. It was very surreal to see our baby for the first time and to hear and see the heart beating. We watched the chest rise and fall as the little heart pumped! My pregnancy has been fairly easy so far.. I had some nausea around week 6 - 7, but it's gone now thankfully. The worst thing so far has been the cold I had last week because I can't take any medicine. Luckily I'm doing better now.. it was pretty miserable for a while there. Other than that the pregnancy has been easy besides the fact that I am always tired. The next appointment is April 18th, but it's just a checkup. We will not find out the sex until the end of May. It will be a long wait till then! Here is a picture of us with the ultrasound pictures:

Other than that exciting news, we have just been busy working... there is not much else to report on. My parents came to visit this past weekend for the first time since the beginning of December, so it was nice to have them here! I got a few maternity things courtesy of them, which is great since I can tell I am gaining weight! So thanks Mom and Dad!

Josh completed his range safety course last week and received his certificate... it was an intense course and he is glad to have that done and over with! His graduate class is coming to an end shortly! His final project is due on Wednesday! He is still holding in A in the course! That's a great accomplishment for a graduate level class! Yay Josh!

It's been so long since I've blogged I really can't remember if there is anything else to blog about.. I'll be updating regularly now and letting everyone know how the baby is doing!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Goodness! How I have been longing for this blog post :)

    I love you and I am happy for You & Josh. Y'all look so happy and of course you look beautiful. Baby Pritch is going to have some very awesome Aunts ;)

    ReplyDelete