Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Warning: Pregnant Woman

I thought I would give a little update on the pregnancy. I am 10 weeks this week and I definitely feel pregnant. I am thankful for no morning sickness, but the extreme fatigue has got to go. I am hoping I will have a little more energy once the 2nd trimester arrives in the next 3 weeks. I literally wake up tired and go to bed exhausted. I don't think I ever feel refreshed, which makes for a long long day. I'm always yawning and I only feel like laying on the couch all day. It doesn't put me in the best mood either since I am always tired. It feels like I haven't slept in days. The past couple days I have been suffering with a headache. The headache is probably from the pollen and it's no fun. I can't take any medication until the second trimester, so I just have to deal with it. I am also suffering from extreme preggo brain. I can literally think "Oh I have to do that.. or I need to do that!" and then forget it the next thought. It's very annoying. I've found myself just standing in the middle of a room thinking, "Why did I come in here?" I've also tried looking for the milk in the microwave, throwing trash away under a cabinet, and several other crazy things. I have also developed a lot of food aversions. Things just don't taste the same as they did... I've discovered I can not stand any produce from Walmart. It is disgusting. It tastes like water. I am going to try fruit from Publix and see if it tastes any better. I really am craving fresh peaches and grapes. I need to see if the Farmers Market is open because that's the best fruit hands down. I've also decided to not drink caffeine during the pregnancy, but I did cheat on Saturday and I had a sweet tea from Foosackly's. I debated with myself all day about having just one cup of sweet tea and I finally gave in.. I was ready to taste the pure deliciousness of a foo tea and as that first sip hit my taste buds, I was severely disappointed. It just did not have the same taste.. now maybe the person that made the tea didn't do a good job or maybe this whole taste thing threw off what I was expecting. Needless to say I feel a little better about missing out on my sweet tea now... I guess it just doesn't taste too good to me right now because I know deep down I don't need to be drinking caffeine. It will be better for our baby in the long run. Now I just need this fatigue to disappear and this will be an easy pregnancy!

P.S. Baby is starting to develop it's girl or boy parts this week... so if you're wanting one gender more than the other you better be praying! haha ;]

2 comments:

  1. I am praying for female genitalia!!! We want a baby girl!! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to that!! Bring on that precious baby girl!! haha

    ReplyDelete