Friday, November 4, 2011

Mommyhood

I can't believe my baby boy is a week old today. Where did the time go?? I can already see so many changes in him. I need for everything to slow down!!! In this week of motherhood, I have learned so much. I thought I'd share what I've learned..

1. Sleep is not necessary. It is a luxury.
2. The ability to wake up at a drop of a pin is developed the day you give birth.
3. Eating a hot meal is a rare opportunity. I haven't succeeded in that yet.
4. Laundry is something you do everyday.
5. Being peed on really isn't a big deal.
6. Being pooped on really isn't a big deal.
7. Eating three meals a day is rare.
8. Sleep while baby sleeps is dumb advice. Sure if I go to sleep then nothing else will get done. Will the clothes magically transfer to the dryer and then magically fold themselves when they're still hot?
9. Getting ready to go somewhere is now a chore. A chore that needs to start 2 hours prior to leaving in case baby decides to pee all over himself when you're trying to run out the door.
10. Watching him never gets old. Putting him down is hard; I could hold him all day long.
11. Showers are amazing. They are the only time I know I have to myself.
12. Finishing my night-time routine is a luxury.
13. You will do things that you said you wouldn't do. For example: No pacifier? Ha! When your child just wants to suck.. you will give them something to satisfy that need. However, I don't give it to him to make him be quiet. I always try to nurse him first, check his diaper second, and if all of that is taken care of then the paci is used.
14. Time will all of a sudden begin flying by and what was a week feels like a day.
15. Everything I "sacrifice" is 110% worth it.

I'd say I've learned a lot in just a week. It took me literally all day to finish this one blog post. That little boy keeps me busy, but I wouldn't trade it for the world!

Ok I've tried to upload a picture 10 times and it's not working. That's all the time I have... I'll post one next time.

1 comment: