Thursday, September 30, 2010

Fall is here!

Well, it has been a couple weeks since I posted last because we have been busy! Josh's parents and grandparents came up here two weekends a go and then that Monday Josh had his tonsils removed. It's almost been 2 weeks and he is just now able to go through the day without pain medicine. It was a rough surgery and he did not enjoy having to eat only soft foods. But, he's better now and will have a check up on October 4th. One huge life lesson we learned was insurance pays for nothing. We thought his surgery was one price, but it turns out it is more. My philosophy is that there is nothing we can do now so we move on. Life lesson number 738947298: Check into prices no matter what the hospital says because insurance pays nothing! Josh's grandparents stayed with us till last Wednesday and helped out a lot. I also learned how to make chicken and dumplings, but I am a little scared to try the recipe out by myself... I know they will never be as good as Da's so it is a little intimidating! ;]

After Da and Grandpa left I had a day to get the house ready again for more company! Ashlea and Madison stayed with us Friday - Sunday and it was great to have them! That was the first time for a friend to come up and it was wonderful! It was nice to have a girl friend around to go shopping with at the stores Josh will not go into! ha!

This weekend we were suppose to go to Mobile, however plans changed and now my parents are coming up here. So we will have another busy weekend, but we enjoy it! Hopefully we will be coming into town for my birthday weekend.

House improvements: We added a ceiling fan to our back patio thanks to Josh's parents! Mrs. Bev provided the funds for the fan and Mr. Mike helped Josh install it. We really enjoyed having it, but of course a week later the weather has changed and it's cooler outside. haha Go figure! I still prefer the ceiling fan over the hanging lights that were originally out there.

As I said the weather has changed and Fall is here!!! I love fall.. it's my favorite time of the year. Football, my birthday, Halloween, Thanksgiving, huntin camp trips, and then Christmas follows quickly. The weather is just wonderful and last night we turned the air way up and opened the windows. We slept that way and it was great. It actually got pretty cold in there and I remember snuggling up under the covers and beside Delta quite a few times. This weather inspires me to get outside and walk, so when I got home from zumba today, I took Jackson and Delta on a walk. Next week, it shows even cooler temps, which really excites me! I am tired of the hot weather and I hope this cool weather is here to stay!

A sad story.. last post I blogged about my beautiful mums... Well those dumb mums decided they didn't want to live anymore. I watered them everyday and they still died one by one. Apparently they couldn't survive the heat, but if they would have just sucked it up a week longer the temperature went down! It makes me mad because I loved the color in my yard and now there's nothing again! And if I try to get new flowers, Josh will just say they will die. Ugh >:[ Stupid mums!!!

I only have one more week left at my job. :[ It went by really fast and I am really going to miss working with the teachers. At first, I didn't think I would enjoy it, but I really do like it there and I will miss it. I'll miss those kids too. I pray I can get some kind of job there.. and I really need substitute jobs because I can't just sit around the house all day. I would go crazy! So please pray that either I can get another job at HA or that I find lots of subbing jobs!

Ok I need to get supper started! We are having tacos tonight! :]

No comments:

Post a Comment