Monday, September 13, 2010

A little update..

We have been busy busy in our daily lives! I believe the last time I blogged was labor day weekend. Since then Josh framed out our bathroom mirrors and they look amazing!!! It made the bathrooms look so much better! Now we just have to change the paint and I will be happy! Yesterday, we painted our entire kitchen in one day. We are pretty proud of ourselves.. we started around noon prepping the kitchen by removing everything and taping off our baseboards, crown molding, and windows. I painted the entire kitchen with two coats of paint and it looks SOOOO good! We just did a tan color to match with the living room and it looks fabulous. Josh finished caulking, while I painted, so the floor is completely done I believe and it looks great.

Last weekend I planted yellow mums in my front garden. I can't remember if I told y'all that, but they are blooming and look great! The color really looks good and more homey! The only problem is it seems to have brought a lot of wasps into our yard.. Josh went out there yesterday and sprayed them, but it didn't really help because they're so many of them. On the bright side, the flowers have also brought in butterflies. I am having a problem with one of the mums though. All of them are doing really well, growing and blooming, except one. It seems to be having some problems and I am hoping it will not die because that will throw off my symmetrical groove. When the sun starts going down I will go out there and try to help it because hopefully the wasps will be gone.

Saturday we watched the Alabama game at Justin and Callean's house in Ozark. (Justin and Josh work together.) They have two little girls named Renae and Allie and they're really cute! Alabama played an awesome game and it was a great win! Our Saturday was dedicated to college football. ;]

Friday, we received our roomba. What is a roomba you may ask? A roomba is a robotic vacuum. You press a button and it goes around your house and vacuums. It's awesome!! We named her Rhonda the roomba. Rhonda was totally worth it because she does a great job. We can schedule her to run at any time and she will start herself. Last night we went to eat at Moe's and turned her on and left. We came back to a vacuumed kitchen, living room, and she was finishing up our bedroom. Rhonda was a wonderful investment and I would definitely recommend the product. They have more expensive ones that will do an entire house, but we didn't feel that was necessary. She vacuums our main rooms so Rhonda is perfect for us.

Also on Friday I noticed some hummingbirds flying around the feeder the previous owners left behind. I have been asking Josh for months to get the feeder down so I could change the nectar. Well he still hadn't by Friday, so I took it upon myself and got the job done. Who needs men? ha ;] I got the ladder out and got the feeder down. I filled it up with fresh nectar and we enjoyed hummingbirds all weekend. We have two pretty consistent feeders. They fight with each other constantly, so you see the birds flying back and worth by our window.

We tried a new place called Nip and Ernies. It is about 2 minutes from our house and it was delicious!!! They're really reasonably priced and we can't wait to go again. We have planned to go on Wednesday because their special is chicken and dumplings! If you come visit us, we will probably take you there. It's really good.

Next Monday, Josh will have surgery to have his tonsils removed. Keep him in your prayers because it will be a tough recovery for him. Pray for the surgery itself, a fast recovery, and no side effects!! Thank you!

This weekend we will be hosting Josh's parents and grandparents and next weekend my best friend, Ashlea, and her daughter, Madison, will be coming to visit. We are excited to have visitors and show off our house. Next thing you know September will be over... time sure does fly!

Well I need to do some chores and fire Rhonda up.. I love not having to swifter. :]

No comments:

Post a Comment