Monday, July 25, 2011

A Big Update

I guess I will go back a few weeks in order to bring everyone up to date on our life!

First Baby Shower
I had my first baby shower on July 9th in Florida. The shower had a great turnout and Bryson got a lot of good things. The shower turned out really cute! It was a green and brown theme with an accent of safari animals to match Bryson's room. We got to stay in Disney World for a few days, which was great! I just love being on Disney property even if I don't go into the parks. We went shopping and I got Bryson a few Disney items. :]
The decor:

Diaper cake was super cute:

Gifts:

San Diego
We left Disney Sunday morning at 4:00am est. Josh and I arrived in San Diego around 8:30 pst. However, by the time we made it to the hotel and got to our room it was around 10pm. It was a very long day to say the least. Throughout the week we attended Josh's GIS conference and I learned all about GIS. It's actually a lot bigger than what I thought it was and it was interesting to learn a few things. Towards the end of the week I was over sitting in the chairs though... they were not comfortable enough for me! We went to the San Diego Zoo, Horton Plaza Mall, Coronado Island, and a Padres baseball game. We had a lot of fun and did A LOT of walking. Everyday we had to walk a mile to the convention center and then a mile back to the hotel, uphill. I was tired of walking by the end of the week. I would've been fine walking that much if the mile back wasn't uphill. That was a little much for my pregnant body. The weather was great, but a little cold for the clothes I brought in the morning and evening time. Their 70 degree weather feels like our 60 degree weather because there is no humidity. It was a great place to visit, but I'll take the south any day!

San Diego Zoo:

Coronado Island:


Padres game:

Since we have returned both Josh and I have found out some good news. Josh found out that he is being promoted from GIS Technician to GIS Analyst. It's a step up in his world! He's only been with his company just over a year, so this is great news and shows how hard he works!
I also found out some good news...
I will be a 3P aide and work from 7:30 to 12ish everyday. It's a great little part time job that will keep me from having a gap in my resume and from losing my foot that was in the door. I spent the day in the classroom today helping Mrs. Creel get things together. Mrs. Creel is the same teacher I worked with January - May, so I know we will have a great time together through this school year. I'm thankful our prayers were answered and both Josh and I have jobs now. I just hope that a place will open up for Bryson at a daycare.

I've been busy working on Bryson's room. His crib and dresser are finished, now I just have to hang things on the wall and organize his closet. It's all coming together and it's very exciting!
Crib with his safari bedding:
Inside crib:
Dresser:


For our one year anniversary we went to church, lunch at Rodeos, our favorite mexican restaurant, and then we went to Lake Tholocco that evening for a picnic. The place I really wanted to eat at was closed, so Josh is taking me there tonight! I can't wait to have some crab claws!! The picnic was great because there was a great breeze blowing off the lake, so it wasn't hot at all. Here are a few pictures from our day.

Us before church:
At the lake:
Swinging:


I think this brings everyone up to date on what's been going on with us over this past month!

2 comments:

  1. happy happy joy joy!!!!

    Oh and you have gotten more preggers since I saw you last :) hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAYAYAYAY! Just read this and I'm so excited for y'all! Congrats on the promotion Josh and you for getting a job especially one that'll work great for while you're pregnant and afterwards. What a blessing!!

    ReplyDelete