Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Prego Update

This week I am 27 weeks pregnant. Hello third trimester! Next week I'll be 7 months pregnant. 3 more months until little Bryson makes his appearance! As for now, I am growing bigger every week. I can tell. My belly has been itchy and a few times the stretching has been painful enough to feel. I had it very easy at the beginning of my pregnancy, there is no denying that. I've really had it easy all a long, except something is happening in this third trimester. The evil pregnancy symptoms are showing up. First, I had the swollen ankles/feet, which were not pretty and got to be painful. Luckily my ankles shrunk back to their normal size. Next evil prego issue: aching joints. At times it feels like I have ran 10 miles, yet I have not ran anywhere. Where my legs meet my body just aches and makes me so uncomfortable. It was pretty strong for 2 days and now it comes around the end of the day. My knees ache, my elbows ache, even my fingers hurt. I mean seriously it feels like my entire body has been tortured. I can no longer stretch my legs for fear of a charlie horse overtaking my calf muscle. Seriously, it happened in San Diego and I came straight out of bed. I've noticed myself being hungry more this week. Sadly I am craving sweet stuff. I dream of different desserts I want and talk myself out of making the majority of what I want. Today, I really wanted Oreo balls. Target didn't have the chocolate I needed to make the Oreo balls, so I decided on Smore Style Brownies. They turned out delicious. You line a pan with graham crackers, mix brownie mix up and pour it over the graham crackers, and put it the oven. When it comes out you sprinkle chocolate chips and marshmallows on top and stick it back in the oven for 5 more minutes and then you're done. Oh, they hit the spot. I'm going to have to send some to Josh's work, so I don't eat them all. I don't need all that sugar! Also the pregnancy insomnia is back. The past 3 days I have spent the majority of the night awake. I fall asleep until around 4am and then I am awake from 4 till 6-7. It's really no fun and I hope it goes away by the time school starts. I'm going to need my sleep in order to function nicely. Also during these hours (that I am trying to fall back asleep) Bryson decides to wake up and kick the crap out of my ribs. I don't understand how he can kick so hard in the middle of the night because he doesn't really kick that hard during the day. It's hard for me to get comfortable and it is really hard for me to change positions. I also get really hot and Josh and Delta do not help me out. I keep telling Josh he has to stay on his side of the bed because waking up sweating is no fun. He doesn't seem to understand that means stay as far on that side as you can. Delta likes to lay on top of me and no matter how much I push on her she won't budge. At these moments, when Josh is laying there sound asleep, able to change positions easily.. sleep through the night without aching pains or a baby kicking places that should not be kicked, it takes all my self control not to take a pillow and hit him upside the head. And that my blog readers are pregnancy hormones at their finest. Watch out for me! I'm on a no sleep sugar high.
But hey, I wouldn't change what I'm going through for anything. Bryson is worth it. Now someone remind me of that during labor. ;]

I was 26 weeks pregnant here.. I haven't taken a 27 weeks shot yet..

No comments:

Post a Comment