Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th!

Happy 4th of July everyone! Today we aren't really doing anything special. Josh went to work and I am just cleaning up the house and packing in anticipation of my trips to Florida and California!

Last weekend we ran errands and hung out in the pool. I do have to share this funny story about Josh from last weekend. Most of us know that Josh is all about saving money. He doesn't care about clothes or new things unless he can get a good deal. I pretty much feel the same way about getting a good deal. I like shopping at TJ Maxx and Ross because of the deals you can find there. I received a coupon from Kohls in the mail and it gave us $5 off our purchase and an extra 15% off. Josh and I went to Kohls to see if we could find anything. We started looking in the home section because I was on the mission to find stuff for my foyer table, but they didn't have anything I really wanted. We happened to pass by the mens clothing and some polos caught Josh's eye. Now when clothes catch Josh's eyes, I do not protest. Anytime I can get him something new to wear to work, I do, because he wears the same thing over and over! (Totally against my religion! ;]) The polos happened to be on sale plus we had the coupons. I convinced him to get two polos and at the register the sales associate let him know that he saved $43 dollars. I wish I had a camera for the face he made when he heard that. It was pure astonishment. He was so proud of his shopping day. To quote him: "Now that's how you shop!"

We did find everything I wanted for my foyer table. And I managed to get everything on sale. :] And that's the way I shop.. ;]

I got the lamp at Target, bowl with deco balls from Kirklands, and the frames from Hobby Lobby. The small frame on the top is a sonogram picture of Bryson :]

On Friday, Josh took off work so that we could visit different Daycares. "/ It already breaks my heart to think about leaving Bryson at only 11 weeks, but if I get a job I will have too. I know that if I get a job, we will be able to provide for him an even better life and I want him to have everything, so I will do what I have to do! He was put on 3 waiting lists and I have to go this week and put him on another waiting list. Please pray that a spot will open up for him somewhere!
Saturday, we went to Freedom Fest on Fort Rucker. It looked like we were going to have bad weather, so we didn't get there till later and basically only got to watch the fireworks and then it was over. I did get a snowcone, but not boiled peanuts. So it was a semi successful trip! ;] A picture of us watching the fireworks!

This week I am 24 weeks pregnant. In some things I wear, I definitely look pregnant. If my shirt is baggy than you still can't tell. My lower back hurts just about every night, especially if we have done a lot of walking. I haven't really been craving much besides fruit. I don't think there is much to update on as far as the pregnancy. Not much has changed expect for my growing belly.

On Wednesday, I leave for Disney World. I am having a baby shower in Apopka (near Orlando),but we are staying on Disney property for a few days before. I can't wait to eat some Disney food and do some shopping! I have to get Bryson an ornament for my Disney tree! I will return from Florida on Sunday and immediately get on a plane and fly to San Diego to spend a week out there with Josh! I am so excited to see California! And to enjoy some weather that is not in the 100s! :]

1 comment:

  1. ahhh I love that Josh got excited about a sale. I do the same thing with sales. Which is why I need to teach you to coupon before Bry gets here

    ReplyDelete