Monday, May 9, 2011

16 weeks

Today begins my 16th week of pregnancy! It's going by so quickly, yet so slowly at the same time. If I can just make it to 18 weeks so we can find out the sex I will be satisfied! I am definitely hungry the majority of the day.. I'm trying not to eat to badly, but I did make some brownies last night. Ooppss.. lol Well Josh asked for them.. so I couldn't say no. ;] I've got to go to Publix and buy some fruit, so I'll have something healthy to snack on. I really want more strawberries from the farm, but that's something Josh will have to go get me. Right before I started writing this blog, I felt the baby move. I was laying down with the computer resting on me and apparently he/she wasn't too happy about that! I keep my macbook on a lap desk and I guess the lap part was squishing into his/her space! I tried to wait to see if I could feel any more movement, but I didn't so I switched positions. I find that the times I can feel the baby move is when I am laying more on my back (not flat on my back as that's bad for blood flow). I can't wait to be able to feel the movements a little more strongly. I probably can only feel them right now because I am literally waiting for any movement!

This weekend was more on the low key side. We mainly hung around the house.. Josh was pretty busy. He mowed, edged, and weedeated the yard on Saturday. Finally we decided to get out and drove 30 minutes to Enterprise to eat at David's Catfish House. We had heard it was worth it and it was very good. Unfortunately there is nothing to do over there, so after we ate we had to drive back. We watched Life as We Know it and it was a really cute movie. On Sunday we went to church and ran a few errands... we came back home and Josh got back to work. He finished sanding a few places in the baby room and repainting. Then we..I mean he... decided to move around some furniture. I got to sit and watch all this since I can't paint or lift heavy furniture.. hehehe :] The guest bedroom is now full of furniture. Let me clarify, this was not my idea. Josh wanted the stupid corner piece in the room for the printer so we have this huge piece in there that's totally unnecessary! Josh wouldn't listen and doesn't want to get rid of it, so for the people who stay in there.. I am sorry it's so crowded. He did a lot yesterday.. I can't even remember it all. Sometimes just watching him exhausts me. Once he starts, he just won't stop. He gets that from his Dad.. he would not just sit down last night. He sat for about 5 minutes as he inhaled his supper and then he was back doing whatever he was doing. Finally at 10:30, I said Josh it's time to stop. He worked in the baby room all day, but you'd never be able to tell.. lol It's because the stuff needs to go in the attic.

Today was my first day off the job. I was quite bored honestly.. I kept thinking what do I need to do.. where do I need to go..? I decided today would just be a rest day and tomorrow I am going to zumba. I know as soon we figure out the sex of the baby I will be busy with the nursery, so until then I'll have to find something else to occupy my time.

Tonight I am making Josh's favorite meal as a thank you for all the work he did over the weekend! It's chicken and cheese with breadcrumbs on top and some other things.. I have to leave out the best part (broccoli) because he doesn't like it. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment