Monday, May 23, 2011

Surprise!


Today we had our ultrasound and found out we are expecting a baby boy! At the beginning of my pregnancy I thought he was a boy.. for a little while I thought possibly a girl, but the last week I have definitely been thinking boy! The whole day dragged on and on as I waited for 3pm to arrive. Luckily my doctor office basically never has a wait. They're very good with keeping to the schedule! As soon as the ultrasound tech turned the machine on, we got the bottom view! He was ready to show us that he is all boy! I knew it before she said it! He was super active and was moving all over the place. He wasn't enjoying being poked and prodded! At one point, he even turned his back to us! haha I did drink a glass of sweet tea and eat a piece of chocolate before we left because I wanted to make sure he would be moving so we could find out the sex! It definitely worked! His heartbeat was 153 and he weighs 8 oz. On babycenter.com it says that at 18 weeks the baby normally weighs in just under 7 oz, so he is healthy. haha His heart has all 4 chambers, brain development looks good, kidney, bladder, and stomach all looked good. He has 5 fingers on each hand and 5 toes on each foot. Just the most precious thing I have ever seen. We are very excited about our little boy!


No comments:

Post a Comment