Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Pioneer Woman

I have just discovered the goodness of Pioneer Woman. I had noticed her name coming up, but never really looked into it. However, the other night I saw on facebook where two people were talking about her recipes and I decided to look at her website. I spent at least an hour looking through her recipes and finally decided to email myself two recipes, one for chicken, the other pork. There were MANY dessert recipes I wanted to try, but I convinced myself that I didn't need any monster cookies or frozen cappuccino cups.. etc etc (at least not a the moment with only me eating it..) I only chose two recipes for now because I wanted to test out what I thought sounded good against Josh's pickiness. Tonight, I made pan fried pork chops. Since we got married, I have had zero luck with cooking pork. At first the fried chops just tasted plain... and then I would fix them grilled and Josh doesn't like them that way... or they would be brown on the outside and pink on the inside. So tonight I decided to change my luck. I started heating the oil before anything, so that it would have time to heat up before I put the chops in there. The batter consisted on 3 easy ingredients; flour, black pepper, and Lawrys. Josh is real picky about seasoning and if there's too much of anything, he tastes it. I also have to be real careful about salt because I love salt and he does not. Anyway, I cooked the pork chops along with mashed potatoes, green beans, and dinner rolls and we sat down to eat. I always wait for him to say something because if he doesn't it normally means he doesn't like it. He put a bite in his mouth and said "this is the best thing I've put in my mouth besides the chicken stuff." (Chicken stuff is referring to what I made last night) Yay! Success! He finally liked the way I cooked the pork!! And he doesn't even care for pork, so this is saying a lot. And I had to agree, those were the best pork chops I have ever had. Pioneer Woman saved the day! I had decided that if they didn't turn out, I was never cooking pork chops again. Now I can't wait to try her other recipes. I am going to make fried chicken tomorrow and I can't wait to taste it. I know it will be good. And the best part of her website is that with every step in the directions, she includes a picture. So for a visual person, like me, I am able to see just exactly what I am suppose to be doing. I highly recommend checking out her website!

www.pioneerwoman.com/cooking

No comments:

Post a Comment