Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Another day...

Well I started my new job on Monday! I am enjoying it so far. It's definitely not what I want to do for the rest of my life, but at least I am in a classroom! This school is a whole different breed from what I am use too. These kids are extremely privileged... the tuition is around $9,000 if that gives you an idea of their lifestyles. I am enjoying getting to know people and the kids. You can tell this is a small school and a small town though because EVERYONE knows I am the new girl that is Mrs. Coleman's aide. But I am enjoying the job! Right now I don't believe anyone really knows my last name.. I was introduced at first as Amber Pritchard, but at the parent's meeting I was introduced as Amber Calvert. So it kinda threw me for a loop and of course I didn't say anything because it was awkward in front of a large group. Yesterday I was introduced as Mrs. Calvert to the kids and other teachers. It got to the point when people introduced themselves to me I just said "I'm Amber" lol Today I was being introduced to another lady and she goes "Amber Calvert? I thought it was Amber Pritchard?" Finally!! Someone saved me! I explained that my married name is Pritchard, but I haven't made all the changes to legally be Pritchard YET. So Mrs. Coleman reintroduced me to the kids as Mrs. Pritchard. It didn't matter to them because they didn't even remember I was Mrs. Calvert yet. haha I had explained to my teacher previously that my married name was Pritchard, but she just kept calling me Calvert. Now she has switched to Amber. So this is my name drama.. haha Who knows what I'll end up being called...

The past 3 days have been horribly boring without Josh! I am so glad I have that job to get me out of the house for a little while... Friday can't come soon enough. Of course the days are dragging on though... I can't believe it's only Tuesday. It's just too much sitting here all afternoon and night by myself! I am glad I at least have Jackson and Delta. Today I got to go to zumba with some of the teachers. I am so glad I have a place to zumba again! I have missed it!! Now I can get back in shape.. I have been eating so much junk because I have been so bored. And I am not exaggerating.. I've been eating lots of chips, candy, and pickles. :-P Needless to say my insides have been hurting again.. I know I shouldn't eat pickles, but I really can't help myself. I never should have bought that bag of sour candy.. It just encourages me to eat it all since Josh doesn't even like candy, let alone sour candy!

Since I have been eating so unhealthy I made a salad for lunch today and thawed out some fish to grill. I grilled the fish for dinner and sat down to eat.. the fish was disgusting!! I guess it was bad or I'm not sure. I have grilled the fish many times and it's always been delicious.. but tonight it was nasty. So I threw it out in case it was bad and my supper ended up being french fries.... So much for a healthy dinner. I guess I'll try to heat up something or eat cereal later. I am so ready for Josh to be back so I can cook meals again! I have all kinds of meats in the freezer waiting to be cooked!

Today I have encountered two different bugs. One being a small roach, two being a scary looking spider. I walked out of my back door unto the porch and out of the corner of my eye spied an object. The object being a roach. Needless to say I did my little freak out scream and ran to get the fly swatter. Well.. our fly swatter sucks for a lack of a better word. I hit that bug and it did nothing!!! So I kept hitting it and finally it fell off the screen... and I don't know where it went. I wasn't too happy. Next, I am cooking that nasty fish and I look up and on the back door is a spider. Now it was not a huge spider but it wasn't small either and it was really scary looking! It looked poisonous.. So I ran to get a shoe (one of Josh's of course ha) and then I opened up the door and I just couldn't do it.. It was so scary I just knew it was gonna jump off the door and eat me. So I ran back in the house to get the bug spray... I figured I could spray it and start it's slow torturous death and then smash it with the shoe... In the time it took to run to the cabinet Delta managed to scare it away. I was not happy. I finally found it near the corner of the door and window and opened the door and it disappeared AGAIN!!!!!! I never could find it.. so I am scared to go near the back door! I sprayed the outside with bug spray and I hope it kills that dang spider and roach. Ugh SOOO nasty!!! I hate bugs!!!

Ok a new television show is coming on in a minute so I am going to go watch that.. gotta pass the time somehow!

No comments:

Post a Comment