Sunday, August 15, 2010

I. Hate. Ironing.

Well I have found a new household chore that I do not enjoy; Ironing. I just ironed all my dress pants and by the time I finished, I had decided I was never going to wear them just so I wouldn't have to iron them again. Trying to fold them the right way and then you turn it over and there are ironed in wrinkles.. not fun. And on top of the wrinkles that just don't want to go away... you have to stand there (hunched over for me bc I am tall) and get all hot! I remember when I was younger I actually liked ironing and would iron all of my Dad's shirts. Why does the love for chores leave you as you get older??? I am so glad all of Josh's dress shirts are wrinkle free... I would not be a happy wife if I had to iron every week.

Well good news, I got that job I blogged about last post! I met the teacher I'll be working with and she is really nice! I think I will really enjoy working with her. All the teachers in the preschool building are really nice as well as the aides. I think it will be a great experience. I also interviewed at a public elementary school, so I should know by Tuesday if I got that job or not. It's a third grade position. It would be nice to have my own classroom, but I wish I could've had the chance to prepare my own classroom.. so I'll be ok if I don't get the job since I have the Houston Academy job. Whatever God wants will happen, so I am just waiting for Tuesday to go by so I can know what's going on. Tomorrow is my first day at HA. I am excited to meet the kids. They'll be so little. Totally different from my fifth graders.

This weekend my parents came up for a visit and to pick up Sam. They brought up a lot of my stuff and I filled up my huge closet and the spare bedroom closet with clothes. Kinda ridiculous I know, but I love clothes! They also brought the rest of my curtains for my living room. It look so much better now! And my Mom ironed my curtains.. Thank God I didn't have to do that plus the pants! ugh! No thanks. My Dad fixed my internet or rather the router. I could not even use my macbook because the internet was so slow or would not even connect. I am so glad I can use my mac again! Jackson and I were sad to see Sammy leave, but three dogs is a lot to care for and share a bed with. I'll miss having my Sammy around, but I know my parents and Jake will enjoy having him at home. I can't imagine being in a house without a dog! It would be so boring. After they left, Sarah and Will stopped by for a little bit. Sarah is Josh's coworker and her husband is here for R&R from Iraq. It was nice to have some visitors in our house Saturday! Today, I took Josh to the airport to leave for Chicago. Something new I found out about Dothan.. we have an airport! lol Josh left around 9 and will be in Chicago for work till Friday. It's going to be so boring and lonely without him here. Thank God I have Jackson and Delta.

I guess I'll post later about how my job is going.. I need to get stuff ready for in the morning. I have to start getting up early again. Yippee.

No comments:

Post a Comment