Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Nothing Much...

I really don't have much to blog about.. however I will share our nightmare dinner story from tonight. I planned to make chicken and yellow rice. (One of Josh's favorites) I started the rice to let it simmer and started preparing everything else. Everything seemed to be going great, the kitchen timer went off and I went to stir the rice. And what do you know.. it's burned on the sides. Ughhh! I was so busy trying to get everything done I didn't notice that it was being overcooked. I even added extra water and it still was overdone. It says to let it simmer 20 minutes, but they are wrong! That rice was soooo nasty. We tried to eat it, but it was crunchy and gross. Lesson learned: Add even more water and check the rice around the 15 minute mark!

This past weekend we went home to Mobile. It was good to be back even though it rained the entire time we were there. (And not a drop in Dothan) It was nice to spend some time with family and friends. I also got my hair chopped off and I love it. It was time for that long mane to go. Everyone at work likes it too. They say I look older.. I guess instead of looking 12, I now look 16. ;]

We are in the process of putting down flooring in our bedroom. (Thank you Da and Grandpa!) So it's a disaster zone in there. Hopefully after tonight Josh will be halfway done. It's hard for him because he's having to move furniture basically by himself because I have no arm strength to help him! I can't wait for it to be done so hopefully my allergies will be better! I know that carpet has to be disgusting after the previous owners had cats and now with Delta shedding so bad. We moved one piece of furniture and her hair was just stacked under it. :-P Sick. I know I've already said once I would upload pictures, but maybe after we get the house back to order and the flooring down I will add some!

This weekend we will be headed to Tuscaloosa for the first football game of the 2010 season! Roll Tide Roll!! We can't wait! Football season is our favorite time of year! We love our Alabama football!

Ok, I think I am going to make a trip to Arbys because we need something for dinner! ha And Josh is wanting my help with the floor! I'll post later when I have more to blog about! Peace, love, and roll tide!

No comments:

Post a Comment