Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Cold Medicine

I am not sure if it just me, but I HATE taking cold medicine. If it's in a pill, it doesn't bother me... But if it's in liquid form.. ugh it makes me quiver to even think of the taste. :-P The reason I am talking about cold medicine is because we've been sick for about 2 weeks. It's no fun! We both have horrible coughs that wake us up at night and sore throats. I thought my throat was getting better, but the past two days it's been really bad. Maybe one day we will get better.. It's no fun being sick. Especially when you have to swallow that nasty nasty cold medicine. Ick.

Well I have good news to share! Today I received a call from Houston Academy, an extremely nice private school here in Dothan. They have an interim position open for an aide in kindergarten. I would be taking the place of the teacher's aide for 8 weeks while she is on maternity leave. It's not my own classroom, but it gives me the opportunity to get into a classroom and that's what I want. I think it will basically be like what I did during candidacy at South Alabama. Except I won't have to worry with homework and assignments. :] I will just be there to help the teacher with whatever she needs. The kindergarten program at this school is only from 8-12 so that's really nice as well. I interview with the headmaster Thursday at 2pm. Prayers are appreciated. :]

This weekend was kind of boring. Josh was really sick on Friday and went to bed at 6:30pm. Saturday we went to Target, TJ Maxx, Walmart and Bed Bath and Beyond and got a lot of things for our house. I think we basically have everything we need besides paint and pictures on the wall. It's slowly getting there. Sunday we drove around town to check out churches. You may think that's weird, but we wanted to get the vibe.. check out what people were wearing and if it was a small or large church. We found two churches we want to try next Sunday, Ridgecrest Baptist Church and Harvest Church. They are both larger churches and that is what we are comfortable with so we will try one next week.

I am about to have a black lab for sale, but shhh don't tell Josh. ;] I am kidding! I could never give up my Delta. But I could shave her bald... I swear I have no idea how her hair gets in the places it does... But yesterday I had to dry mop my house twice with my larger mop and then again with my swifter. And it was STILL picking up hair! That is just ridiculous!! That amount of hair was just from the two day weekend... I have vowed to swifter everyday now.

I guess nothing else has really happened in our life for right now. I will post later and let everyone know about the job!

No comments:

Post a Comment