Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Tuesday the Third of August

What's new in our lives? Well we are both sick. I have a horrible cough that wakes me (and Josh) up in the middle of the night. Josh has a cold.. it's kinda of a weird cold. He has a cough, sore throat, and his eye is sick. Now, you may say "his eye is sick?? What!?" This is a term I use when the eye is swollen, red, itchy, closes shut in the morning, and constantly has junk in the corner. And Josh has all of the above and I really hope he doesn't share it with me. Tomorrow I will be going to the store for some cough syrup and eye drops. We don't really have any congestion.. it's weird. Hopefully it will pass soon. It's no fun being sick. I'd like to sleep through the night without coughing my lungs out and I am sure Josh would like to sleep through the night without having to ask if I am okay every night! ;]

Yesterday I made fish tacos. I thought they were really good. Josh, not so much. I just love fish so that may be why. Today I cooked a pork roast all day in my crock pot. It was good, but we had a lot of leftovers. Note to self: buy a smaller roast next time. Tomorrow we are going to have grilled chicken. I am enjoying cooking. I don't enjoy the clean up process, but it's fun cooking it all.

Today I grilled a piece of tilapia for lunch. It was sooooo good. However, I burned the fire out of my hand. I used my new George Foreman grill and I didn't realize there was a hot plate on the front of the grill, so I went to move it and burned myself. I have a scar about 2 inches long on my thumb. "/ Note to self: Just don't touch hot objects.

Nothing too interesting has happened. I finally got the living room and kitchen cleaned up. I put all my clothes, shoes, and purses away. Tomorrow I have to take our marriage license downtown. I need to clean our room and the bathrooms. Lots to do and it's late, so I will say goodnight! :]

No comments:

Post a Comment