Monday, August 23, 2010

Oh Life...

I finished up my boring week on Friday and headed to the airport to get Josh at 1pm. I walked into the airport and about 200 army men were scattered around the airport... it was a bit overwhelming.. I felt like an outsider because these boys were everywhere! I hate going places by myself and I hate standing around by myself.. and that is exactly what I was having to do.. finally they were called to formation outside and I was left to stand by myself alone. Josh came off the plane looking like a long haired hippie.. He hasn't had a haircut in a month.. it's not pretty. I met all of his bosses and we were outta there! I found out later all those army guys had just come back from Iraq. Pretty cool.

Our weekend was pretty boring... We bought a few things for the house and went to the base to check out the lake. We will definitely be hitting that up soon! It's extremely nice and the closes thing we have to water here. It's just so hot you don't even want to go outside. One negative thing about this weekend... Josh "ruined" my brand new expensive comforter. I decided on Saturday I finally wanted to put it on the bed.. so I ironed the bed-skirt and we changed it all up. Josh decided the bedspread was "too itchy" for him... (he's just being high maintenance) So after church, I go change and come out and Josh has stripped the comforter and put it in the wash. The comforter is dry clean only......... needless to say. It got caught up in the machine and ripped up on one corner. It has holes cut up on one side and the cording is ripped up. I was not happy. Literally ONE day and it was messed up. Luckily it's not completely ruined... but still. One positive thing about this weekend was Josh did all the laundry!!!!!!! It was soooooo nice to not have to deal with it. He did it all..wash, dry, and fold. Bless him. It's the small things that mean so much.

We visited Ridgecrest Baptist on Sunday. It was a nice church.. I am not sure if it's for us though. We are going to visit Harvest Church the next Sunday we are home. I do believe we are coming to Mobile this weekend. And I am super excited about that!

This morning I woke up earlier than I had to so that I could put a pork roast in the crock pot. I followed a new recipe that sounded really good. I came home after work and everything smelled good.. I went about my daily business and around 4pm I decided to check the roast. It was BURNT. Ohhhhhh I was not happy. The sauce was burned to the pot and the roast was basically black. The recipe said for it to cook 8-10 hours on low and that's what I did. I tried to salvage it... there was no saving it. It was tasteless. So that was my first disaster meal. We went to Arby's instead. Better luck next time.. except I won't be trying that recipe again. Oh and Josh was kind enough to wash the crock pot.. he had to chisel the burnt sauce out of it.. literally. It was hard like charcoal.

I bought Delta a new food bowl yesterday. I found it at TJ Maxx (love that place) and it supposedly helps slow down fast eaters. Well it definitely does that. It has a spiral in the middle of it that keeps her from being able to inhale the food. It really makes her frustrated. So I am not sure if she got all worked up from not being able to inhale her food or if it's because we put her on a new food, but about 10 minutes after eating, she threw it all up. And I mean ALL of it. I think she was going to burp and it just come all up because she wasn't acting sickly. Thankfully she puked at 4:57 and Josh came through the door at 5:00. So he got to clean up the huge pile. I just can't handle that. We gave her another scoop later since she lost her meal.. and she's been fine. I am not sure what caused it, but we are gonna keep using that bowl because I'd rather her be frustrated about not eating fast than causing some stomach problem in the future.

That's pretty much the extent of our weekend... It's back to another work week for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment